Features | November 18, 2019
7 Attention-Getting Products and Services
Amid the ongoing discussion of digital marketing services, print is packing more punch than ever before. In addition to digital solutions, which remain vital components of most organizations’ integrated marketing plans, manufacturers and distributors offer innovative printed products and services that continue to capture people’s attention and often deliver high ROI for customers.
Here are a few examples of attention-getting print innovations:
1. Taking a ride. When you’re stuck in traffic with thousands of SUVs that look like yours, vehicles with exterior graphics tend to catch your eye. According to PSDA member Roeda, a single vehicle wrap can generate between 30,000 and 80,000 impressions in one day. The numbers are even higher for printed graphics on commuter buses and trains.
2. Swimming to dinner. Why get out of the pool to grab a bite to eat? Superior Printing Company’s waterproof menus and covers make outdoor ordering a cool breeze.
3. Cashing in. Cat litter is inexplicably expensive, so having a coupon for a free box of it can feel like winning the lottery. Unfortunately, fraud remains rampant, so many manufacturers’ coupons, especially those for free items, incorporate unique holograms to verify their authenticity and prevent duplication.
4. Making it big. At PSDA member Precise Digital Printing, bigger is definitely better. The company's colorful wide format window decals, mesh banners and more are designed to get your attention … and remind you that you should probably go to the gym more often.
5. Testing the waters. Visit any college campus and you’ll learn two things right away: Students rarely if ever look up from their cellphone screens, even when crossing a busy street, and they all carry fancy water bottles. Custom-printed neoprene bottles are sturdy, sustainable and used daily, making them popular promotional products.
6. Passing the smell test. Because cat litter is so expensive, people try to make it last longer than they should. So, using a masking fragrance is recommended, especially if you have friends or relatives dropping by. Products such as scented oil plugins refresh any room, and you can “experience the fragrance” before you buy them simply by rubbing part of the package.
7. Raising the bar. Raised ink adds an appealing tactile surface quality to printed products. PSDA member Team Concept specializes in premium print embellishments, creating elegant embossing for items such as notecards and invitations. The process also is employed to print universities’ insignia on diploma cases. Team Concept offers thermographic and soft-touch printing, as well as metallic foil stamping and edge painting.
Technology Manufacturers/Suppliers Digital Printing Wide Format Promotional Products Packaging Specialty Printing